For admission into the Immunology Ph.D. program, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Graduate College; see the Manual of Rules and Regulations of the Graduate College on the Graduate College website.
- Ranked 26th in the nation among public medical schools in Primary Care and 38th in Research by 2019-2020 U.S. News & World Report.
- Overall, the research enterprise received $214 million in external funding for FY2017.
- Two Biomedical Science Program faculty are Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators.
- Twelve Biomedical Science Program faculty are members of the Institute of Medicine.
- Two faculty are members of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Iowa City ranks #4 on Expedia's ranking of 21 Super Cool U.S. Cities.
- UI's Campus Recreation & Wellness Center (CRWC) was named the third best university recreation facility in the country.
- Iowa ranked 5th among states for overall child well-being. Details AECF News.
- Iowa City: #2 best place to live (Livability); #4 coolest place to visit (Expedia); #5 college town (Aier).
- Iowa ranks Number 1 (Bankrate.com) as best US states for drivers based on commute/time/cost/safety.
- Iowa ranks #14 overall US News Best States
Did You Know
- Iowa City is 1 of 39 UNESCO Cities of Literature in the world and one of only two in the U.S.
- 1,700-acre, bicycle friendly main campus with 18 major bus routes
- More than 8,000 trees, with 300 more planted each year
- 5 cultural and resource centers draw 28,000 plus visits each year
- $551.9 million in external research funding in FY2016